Audition Information for Brass Instruments
1. Be prepared to play two contrasting pieces at the Conservatory Grade VIII level (Grade X for prospective Performance candidates).
2. Be prepared to play any major or minor scale and its arpeggio over a two-octave range.
3. Be prepared to sight-read material at the Conservatory Grade VI level, and to be able to read in the following notations:
- Trombone: bass, tenor and alto clefs.
- Tuba: read at the octave.
- Euphonium: bass and treble clefs.
4. The candidate must own, or be prepared to purchase, an instrument of professional quality. It is recommended that students contact their future teachers before purchasing an instrument.
For More Information on Auditions Contact:Odilla Van Delinder, Admissions Officer
Don Wright Faculty of Music
Talbot College, Room 210
1151 Richmond Street