Connect with us
Opera at Western fall 2019 production of Mozart's The Secret Gardener (La finta giardiniera)
Thank you for visiting the Don Wright Faculty of Music online!
While in-person connections are not possible at the current time, we are pleased to offer you a variety of ways to connect with our community virtually. As you explore options to continue your academic study of music, we understand each person's academic and musical needs vary greatly by degree program and instrument. Our goal is to provide you with as many personal connections as possible to help you get to know us, and to help you make the decision that's best for you.
We look forward to "meeting" you!
Scheduled Virtual Chat Sessions
- Choirs (Wednesday April 29, 3-4pm)
- Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble (Thursday April 30, 3-4pm)
- Symphony and Opera Orchestra (Thursday April 30, 4-5pm)
- Popular Music Studies and Music Administrative Studies Q & A (Friday May 1)
- French Horn (Monday May 4, 3-4pm)
- Voice (Tuesday May 5, 3-5pm)
- Strings (Wednesday May 6, 3:30-4:30pm)
- Meet the Department Chairs (Monday May 11, 3-5pm)
Looking for Zoom meeting info? Missed a session? Didn't receive your email invitation directly? Contact Sasha Gorbasew firstname.lastname@example.org for all access info and to explore additional opportunities.
Meet your Department Chairs
- Meet the Chairs of our Music Education, Music Performance Studies, and Music Research and Composition Departments
- Join pre-scheduled live Zoom meetings and presentations throughout the spring to learn more and ask questions. Contact Sasha Gorbasew email@example.com for the schedule and for access.
Meet your Studio or Instrument Group
- The Don Wright Faculty of Music is one of Canada's leading undergraduate and graduate music schools. We offer instruction in all areas of keyboard, orchestral and band instruments, and voice at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Our faculty members include some of the most important artists/teachers in the country, and we look forward to connecting with you.
- Join one of several pre-scheduled live Zoom meetings led by studio teachers throughout the spring - each one entirely customized by instrument, studio or division (e.g. low brass). Contact Sasha Gorbasew firstname.lastname@example.org for the schedule and for access.
- Schedule a one-on-one phone call or Zoom meeting with a faculty member and/or current student in the instrument area of your choice. Contact Sasha Gorbasew email@example.com with your instrument or voice type to arrange a meeting.
Meet your Ensemble Directors and Instrument Division Coordinators
- Our award-winning choral and instrumental groups perform a range of repertoire from early music to jazz and often collaborate with guest artists.
- All Western students - regardless of major or area of study - are welcome and encouraged to audition for large ensembles before classes begin in the fall.
- Being a member of a large ensemble or performance group is an integral part of your experience at Western. Join one of several pre-scheduled live Zoom meetings led by ensemble directors and instrument division coordinators throughout the spring, including concert and jazz bands, orchestra, choirs, and chamber music. Contact Sasha Gorbasew firstname.lastname@example.org for the schedule and for access.
Popular Music Studies and Music Administration Studies
- Meet current students and faculty learning and teaching in Popular Music Studies and Music Administration Studies (undergraduate studies) during a pre-scheduled Zoom meeting, hosted by the Music Research and Composition Department. Contact Sasha Gorbasew email@example.com for the schedule and for access.
We have a team of faculty, students and staff waiting to connect with you personally. For additional options and individual personal connections, please reach out to Sasha Gorbasew. If you are currently in the admissions process, please continue to check your email for additional options and resources. We remain virtually open and accessible for all to assist you.