PhD in Music Theory
- 6 half courses in music theory and related subjects
- 2 Directed Research Projects (DRP)
- Comprehensive Examination
- Language Requirement (proficiency in two languages other than English, normally French and German)
- Dissertation Proposal Defense
- Dissertation and Oral Defense
Each PhD student will have a PhD Advisory Committee, which will be responsible for approving the student's course selection and comprehensive examination.
The dissertation proposal and dissertation itself will be written under the supervision of a dissertation supervisor and second reader.
For further details about PhD program requirements, please consult the Graduate Student Handbook.