Oboe Intensive at Western University
July 24-26, 2018Over 22 hours of masterclasses, tutorials, reed-making and recitals designed to improve your oboe performance skills!
Days 1 & 2 (July 24 and 25) - Oboe Fundamentals
$150 + $19.50 HST ($169.50 total) for participants
$125 + $16.25 HST ($141.25 total) for auditors
Oboists of all skill levels and ages are welcome.
- Master classes highlighting technique, embouchure, tone, pitch, articulation, vibrato and phrasing
- hands-on reed making and cane preparation
- Daily reed checks for participants
- The art of knife sharpening with Joris Van Daele
- Understanding basic oboe adjustments
- Two mini recitals
- Massed performance
Day 3 (July 26) - Performance/Audition Preparation
$75 + $9.75 HST ($84.75 total) for participants
$50 + $6.50 HST ($56.50 total) for auditors
Participants should have advanced skills - suitable for university students and young professionals.
Oboists of all skill levels and ages are welcome to audit.
- Preparation techniques for successful performances including managing performance anxiety
- Reed checks
- Excerpt review
- Mock audition
Are you registered for the Western University Summer Band Camp taking place the same week? Oboists registered for the Summer Band Camp are welcome to audit the Oboe Intensive at no additional charge.
Registration deadline April 30, 2018.
Contact Shelley Heron at (519) 661-2111 x85844 for complete information.
How can I get more information about the program?
Oboe Intensive at Western University c/o Shelley Heron
Don Wright Faculty of Music, Western University
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario N6A 3K7
Phone: 519-661-2111, ext. 85844