PhD in Composition
- Composition 9558 (a full-year course) and 4 half courses in composition and related subjects
- 2 Directed Research Projects (DRP)
- Comprehensive Examination
- Dissertation Proposal Defense
- Portfolio/Recital Requirement (concurrent with Dissertation Proposal Defense)
- Dissertation and Oral Defense
Each PhD student will have a PhD Advisory Committee, which will be responsible for approving the student's course selection and comprehensive examination.
The dissertation proposal and dissertation itself will be written under the supervision of a dissertation supervisor and second reader.
For further details about PhD program requirements, please consult the Graduate Student Handbook.