The Canadian Operatic Arts Academy
COAA is an elite international program that provides singers, pianists and directors with the skills to obtain, realize, and sustain a prolific and rewarding career in the operatic profession. An internationally recognized faculty from celebrated institutions provides the participants with invaluable insight into the multifaceted world of opera – its preparation, performance, and business through a variety of forums.
Due to facility and space constraints, COAA will not be offered in 2020. We look forward to welcoming Congress 2020 (including MusCan 2020) to Western University (including the Don Wright Faculty of Music) in the spring! COAA plans to return in May 2021.
Photo: 2013 © Guido Mencari - www.gmencari.com
- International faculty from highly respected institutions
- Development of skills for a career in the performance or business side of opera
- Role preparation
- Performance practice
- Dramatic exercises and study
- Vocal and physical health
- Voice lessons
- Audition training
- Public performances with piano