Liberal Arts Summer Internship Program
Attention 2nd & 3rd year Music students
The Liberal Arts Summer Internship Program is a new, multi-disciplinary summer internship program that will provide students from Western’s Liberal Arts Faculties, including Arts & Humanities, Social Science, Music, and Information and Media Studies an opportunity to engage in paid, for-credit experiential learning in London’s vibrant and growing technology sector.
Would you like to learn more?
Step 1: Attend an Internship Information Session (optional)
Attend an Information Session tailored to Music students, held on October 2, 2018 at 12:30pm in Talbot College, Room 101.
- Learn more about eligibility requirements, how to apply, and what type of opportunities are available
- Review expectations while out on internship
- Ask questions!
Step 2: Cover Letter, Resume, and Interview Workshop (mandatory)
To fulfill this requirement, you must complete one of the following:
- Attend the Cover Letter, Resume, and Interview workshop for Liberal Arts students preparing for internship opportunities (Wednesday, October 24th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Conran Hall, University College); or
- Attend the Effective Resumes & Cover Letters workshop and the Interview Skills workshop, offered through the Student Success Centre (Register on CareerCentral); or
- Complete the online modules for Resume and Cover Letters and Interview Skills via http://completestudent.ca
Winter term workshop dates to be announced.
Step 3: Resume and Cover Letter Review (mandatory)
Visit Western's Employment Resource Centre (WERC) to have your resume and cover letter reviewed by an expert! In-person and e-advising options are available - visit WERC for more details. This is mandatory for approval to access internship postings.
Step 4: Register through CareerCentral
If you have not yet done so, register at http://westerncareercentral by completing the form on the website. Your registration will be reviewed to ensure you have met the academic and workshop/resume review requirements to be accepted into the program.